Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, nationality, address, telephone number, gender, email address, your occupation, your photo, any information about you which you have provided to Grand Imperial Group in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and/or processed by Grand Imperial Group from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as your identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, race, ethnic origin, date of birth, marital status, education background, and data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Grand Imperial Group your Personal Data, Grand Imperial Group will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below and may cause Grand Imperial Group to be unable to provide services or products to or accept payments from you.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Grand Imperial Group directly, Grand Imperial Group may collect your Personal Data from publicly available sources or from third parties, for example:
- by using Grab Group apps and websites, which includes all apps and websites operated by Grab Group and under the names of its respective brands (respectively “Apps” and “Websites”).
Purposes of Processing
Grand Imperial Group may use and process your Personal Data for business, delivery and logistics (including food and beverage) and payment and financial services activities of Grand Imperial Group which shall include, without limitation the following (“Purposes”):
Where you are a customer of the services provided by Grand Imperial Group:
- to perform the Grand Imperial Group’s obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested;
- to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
- where you have requested to download and use the Grand Imperial App, or any other Grand Imperial Group application, to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
- to process and manage your rewards and loyalty points;
- to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
- to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with the Grand Imperial Group and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
- to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to understand and analyse our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
- to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
- to process exchanges or product returns;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Policy;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- to maintain the safety and security of our services;
- for Grand Imperial Group to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Grand Imperial Group using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Policy.
Marketing and promotional purposes
Grand Imperial Group may also use and process your data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from Grand Imperial Group, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by Grand Imperial Group, its partners, sponsors or advertisers;
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- To share your Personal Data amongst its subsidiaries, associate companies and jointly controlled entities as well as with its agent, vendor, supplier, partner, contractor or service provider who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions;
by way of post, telephone call, short message service (SMS), online messaging service, by hand and/or by email.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, Grand Imperial Group may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties include, without limitation:
- Grand Imperial Group partners, which include parties with whom Grand Imperial collaborates with for certain events, programs and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Other entities within Grand Imperial Group; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the formation of a joint venture, a sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of winding-up.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Grand Imperial Group has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
Additionally, we may share non-personally identifiable information from or about you with third parties, such as location data, advertising identifiers, or a cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to facilitate the display of targeted advertising.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to Grand Imperial Group. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to Grand Imperial Group, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to Grand Imperial Group and you have obtained their consent for their personal data be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Policy.
Acknowledgement, Consent, and Data Retention
By communicating with Grand Imperial Group, using Grand Imperial Group’s services, purchasing products from Grand Imperial Group or by virtue of your engagement with Grand Imperial Group, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Policy and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by Grand Imperial Group as described in this Policy.
Grand Imperial Group shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Policy at any time by placing the updated Policy on the Websites and Apps. By continuing to communicate with Grand Imperial Group, by continuing to use Grand Imperial Group’s services, purchasing products from Grand Imperial Group or by your continued engagement with Grand Imperial Group following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Policy, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.